This recipe is submitted by Organicville.
- Ready Time: 0 min
- 2 Cucumbers peeled or 1 English style long cucumber
- 1 Red Onion peeled
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves torn in half if large
- 1/4 cup Sky Valley Verde Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Organic Cane Sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil preferably garlic flavored
- 1 tablespoon Sea Salt
Thinly slice cucumber and onion; place slices in large colander. Sprinkle slices with one tablespoon of the sugar and the sea salt; toss to coat. Spread slices evenly over bottom of colander and place bowl that is a little smaller than colander on top of cucumber and onion slices. Fill bowl ¾ of the way full of water and allow bowl to sit on top of cucumber and onion slices to weigh them down and press out the excess water for 3 hours up to 48 hours.
Rinse cucumber and onion slices thoroughly and blot dry with paper towels. Combine cucumber and onion slices with remaining 1 Tablespoon sugar if using, Sky Valley Verde Sauce, and olive oil and allow to chill and marinade at least 3 hours. Garnish with cilantro and serve as a tasty side, on a sandwich, on top of a salad.