This recipe is submitted by Organicville.
- Ready Time: 0 min
- 2 ounces Dried Shitake Mushrooms soaked in boiling water to 1/2 hour to rehydrate then cut into 1/4 inch dice and blot well to remove excess water
- 1/2 cup Water Chestnuts chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 ounces Extra Firm Pressed Tofu blotted first with paper towels to remove all moisture and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 cup Green Onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Umeboshi Plum Paste
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 pound Package Gluten Free Small Tortillas
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
For Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sky Valley Plum Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Ginger finely grated
- dash Hot Pepper Sesame Oil if desired
Combine shitake mushrooms, tofu, cornstarch, green onion, water chestnuts, minced garlic, and plum paste. In separate bowl, combine dipping sauce ingredients. Set aside. For each taquito, place 2 Tablespoons filling inside one tortilla; roll up like a cigar. Secure with toothpick. Coat large rimmed cookie sheet with 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil and place taquitos one inch apart on cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, or until outside is golden and crispy, brushing taquitos with additional 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil halfway through baking. Remove and put on paper towels on a plate to remove excess oil. Serve immediately with dipping sauce or re-warm later in a 250 degree oven on cookie sheet.