This recipe is submitted by Organicville.
- Ready Time: 0 min
- 4 large Portobello Mushrooms wiped clean and stems removed
- 1/2 cup Sky Valley Miso Glaze and Marinade
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Red Onion thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1 Cucumber peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Sweetened Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 head Napa Cabbage cut into julienne pieces
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint Leaves torn into pieces if large
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Leaves torn in half if large
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves torn in half if large
- 1/4 cup Peanuts pulsed in food processor for 10 seconds to coarsely chop
- 6 large Romaine Lettuce Leaves trimmed of bottom stem
Toss sugar with red onion and cucumber slices in large colander. Place bowl of water on top of slices to weigh down and allow to sit for at least an hour to remove excess moisture. Do not rinse sugar from vegetables when done.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place mushrooms on rimmed baking sheet and brush with ¼ cup Sky Valley Miso Glaze and Marinade. Roast mushrooms 15 minutes stem side up until tender in center part. Remove from oven and set aside.
Cut grilled mushrooms into ½ inch slices. Combine with cabbage, cucumber, and red onion. In small glass bowl, whisk together remaining Sky Valley Miso Glaze, and Marinade, vinegar, and peanut butter to make dressing. Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and gently toss. Place individual salad servings inside romaine leaves. Garnish with herbs and chopped peanuts.