This recipe is submitted by Organicville.
- Ready Time: 0 min
- 16 ounces Can of Corn drained
- 3/4 cup Milk dairy or unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Jalapeno Chiles roasted, seeded and diced
- 3 Poblano Chiles roasted, seeded and diced
- 3 Pasilla Chiles roasted, seeded, and diced
- 1 Yellow Onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/3 cup Sky Valley Taco Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil preferably garlic flavored
- 1 1/2 cups Cornmeal preferably whole grain
- 1 package Active Dry Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 Egg plus egg yolk, beaten slightly
Combine milk with drained corn in saucepan and heat on medium until boiling, stirring frequently. Set aside and let cool to warm temperature, stirring frequently so it cools more quickly. Stir in yeast, cover, and allow to sit for 10 minutes until yeast bubbles.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large frying pan on stove on medium and sauté onion until slightly browned, about 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add cumin seeds for the last minute to toast. Add roasted chiles, Sky Valley Taco Sauce, and sugar, and cook for one additional minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
Combine cornmeal and sea salt. Make a well in center and put in honey, egg, and milk/corn/yeast mixture. Stir to combine. Allow to sit in bowl, covered, in a warm place until dough has risen to twice its size, about 45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Punch dough down and place in oiled 8 by 4 inch loaf pan. Put chile/onion mixture on top of loaf and spread evenly. Bake for 30-40 minutes until loaf is golden brown on top and skewer inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Cut into slices and serve warm.
Makes 1 loaf.