This recipe is submitted by Organicville.
- Ready Time: 0 min
- 4 small Zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 Tomatillos husk removed and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 Yellow Onion cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Green Pitted Cured Olives thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Sky Valley Verde Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Green Fruity-Flavored Olive Oil
In small bowl, combine sea salt with 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Set aside. Place zucchini slices, cut tomatillos, and sliced onion in colander. Toss with salt/sugar mixture gently to coat. Take bowl that is slightly smaller than colander and fill ¾ of the way with water. Place bowl gently on top of vegetables in colander to weigh down and press out excess water. Allow to sit at least 3 hours up to 3 days.
Rinse salted vegetables thoroughly and blot dry with paper towels. Combine remain ingredients ( including the 1 tsp. sugar) with vegetables and allow to marinade at least 1 hour before serving.